Monday, October 30, 2006

Late

A lot of things have been happening on top of "kayod-kabayo" work for the past weeks for me. One day Ralline YM'ed me with news that Rachelle's father had died. I wasn't able to make arrangements so I wasn't able to make the trip to Laguna for the weekend. Sorry, Rachelle. A little while after that Carina YM'ed me that Abbie's father had died too. Condolences, Abbie.

I was able to squeeze in a trip with the hardbound girls to Bulacan for the wake of Abbie's father on the end of Ramadan / Eid al-Fitr holiday. We were joined by Ed and Zyril.

 

Papa Nap and Mommy Rhea, Jolly and Ron, Carina, Heidi and Harriet were also there. Actually I was late. I miscalculated the time thinking I could reach Quezon City in 30 minutes from Las Pinas. I was wrong.

Ed lost some weight since his stint in college. Heck, haven't seen him in a decade! :D But you know the saying, if people really are your friends then time and distance really don't matter. Zyril on the other hand... Well... She looks the same! Ika nga nina Harriet mukhang grade four pa rin. :D Zy, I think, now works in Makati. And she kept asking me, "Sir, kilala nyo pa ba ako?" Op kors I remember you, Zy. Even after a decade.

Teka, e paano ba naman kita makakalimutan e bigla kang humiyaw sa loob ng klase ko sa gitna ng lecture habang tumutulo ang luha mo! Nagkaka-ulcer ka na pala at dinala ka namin nina Chito sa Infirmary. Nagulantang ako nun. Diyos ko! Baka dito pa makunan (joke!) itong babaeng ito habang nagle-lecture ako! Hehehe... Tapos nung kinarga ka nina Chito at Toby pasakay sa kotse kong Lancer '78 na bulok e hindi pa naipapasok yung ulo mo e isinara na ni Toby yung pinto. Ayun, di lang ulcer meron ka, pati bukol tuloy meron. O_o;; Hehehe. Buti na lang puro mga nanduon sa ILS (o specifically sa klaseng yun, LIS71 yata, or LIS55) ng time na yun ang nagbabasa ng blog na ito kundi siguradong magagalit ka. :D(Sidenote: And you guys think I have a faulty memory... :D)

 

Nap and Rhea had to leave early. Zy, Jolly and Ron tagged along with them so I was left with Carina, Harriet, Heidi and Ed. (Parang negative yung tunog, ano?) Guess whose happy feet are those above. :D I took the pics when I was bored. Hehehe...

 

Ed now works with an international school. He hasn't really changed much except for the weight.  :D Before the first batch left we traded a lot of jokes, puzzles (mostly from Jolly, Heidi and Zy) and stories, sad or happy it didn't matter. Poor Nap had a hard time concentrating for his exams tuloy. :D Carina even shed a tear for me and Leira. Don't worry dear, we're both happy and okay.

Anyway, next stop, if all goes well, would probably be Tagaytay before Christmas comes (considering the news stories about Star City, the usual haunt, I'd really prefer Tagaytay). Missed Nats, who was in Naga, as well as overseas peeps Jean, Moira and Abbie.

 

BTW, pics above and in the other posts are now viewable in a simple gallery. I was able to set up the Monkeywrench 2.0 Gallery using the ever-reliable Picy v0.7 but with a Lightbox 2.0 twist. It's been 2 years since Picy was updated but it works fine for me. I like the way it looks as well as its functionality and versatility so I used it and just added Lightbox. It's really a simple solution for Monkeywrench 2.0. Might change it though if I find a single php-file / ajax gallery with tags that I could integrate into Logahead's structure. Or maybe not... Darn, it's hard setting up stuff. O_o;;

No comments:

Post a Comment