Saturday, December 9, 2006

Wacom and Weddings




My cousin Neil got married to his beautiful bride Cielo last Friday, December 8 at the San Sebastian Church. They met in UST where they got their college degrees. They also became co-teachers there because they taught right out of college. Neil didn't have any problems in the NCAA and UAAP since both UST and San Beda College (where he finished grade school and high school like me) won the basketball titles. Cielo was in a quandary in the UAAP when Ateneo and UST were duking it out since she studied in both schools. Speaking of basketball, Cielo worked for Vintage and also became a courtside reporter at one point. The reception was sort of like coming home for Neil since it was held in San Beda at the Jubilee Garden. The couple wanted to have the ceremonies (officiated by Fr. Tarsi, our principal in high school) held at San Beda. But that wasn't possible after the ruling that only parishes can hold weddings. My sister and brother-in-law, both bedans, were one of the lucky last couples to be married in San Beda. (Multiply Photo Album Link)

I dropped by Meowok and Olan's office last week for some manga updates. I dread going there. :D Hehehe. Like I said in previous posts, it seems I end up buying new stuff for my PC to be able to keep up with the increasing computing demands of graphics work associated with manga retouch and lettering. I wanted to buy Bambi's extra motherboard for upgrade purposes, but it turned out to be basically the same as my current motherboard (ECS Elite Group ). On Olan's suggestion, I bought a Wacom Graphire 4 4x5 pen tablet from Octagon Computer store in SM southmall to replace my now obsolete low-end Creatis graphics tablet. Took me some time to find out how to limit it to work in just one instead of my two monitors (dual monitor set up). It works like a charm! Plus I could change the tablet backing with photos and magazine cutouts. :D And of course, a trip to SM wouldn't be complete without a visit to the Tom's World UFO Catcher. There I got this ugly Tweety bird. :D



crossposted: gokitomo.com, gorilla.multiply.com, gorilla.vox.com




No comments:

Post a Comment