Saturday, March 31, 2007

Gorilla vs Snakey Part 5


Word of warning, this post contains pics of a dead snake.

Had to dispose of my fifth snake last night. It's about a year since the last gorilla vs snakey, the one in Bambi's house. (I had a post about that.) This one wasn't as big as that one. This only measured 14 to 16 inches and was as fat as a cricket lighter. Adrenaline rush and dump wasn't as high but it was still there. The snake had a bulge in the tummy like Bambi's snake, I presume it ate a mouse.

I did the usual drill: jam neck then crush head then fully decapitate. I used my old wooden bokken to jam the neck and the samurai katana-inspired hunting knife to crush and cut. Yup, seems both serve some use other than just being part of my weapons collection.

I've disposed of 3 snakes with this knife already: this 14-16 inch one, the 8-12 inch one in my toilet while I was reading and a 6 inch baby snake. (Add to this another not so baby 8 inch snake and Bambi's 3 1/2 foot snake makes 5 snakeys.) I'm naming this knife the serpent killer. Every time I use it the thin edge at the tip always gets bent. And I always re-straighten it with pliers. I'll straighten it today.

Things I've learned through the years so far about dealing with snakes?

  1. Be fully aware and focused. But it is important not to panic.
  2. The younger ones slither away faster.
  3. Move away but know where the snake is at all times.
  4. Heat or rain tends to make them go indoors.
  5. They appear in places which used to have talahibans, especially here in the south.
  6. As much as possible don't dispose of it alone, have someone to help you.
  7. For larger snakes, a group disposal would be in order with each person having different roles: shooers, jammers, crushers / decapitators.
  8. Snakes are a bit slower after eating.
  9. A severed snake head supposedly can still bite you and inject venom.
  10. For even larger snakes, call the fire department! This tip courtesy of Chameng.

Crossposted: http://gokitomo.com, http://gorilla.multiply.com and http://gorilla.vox.com








No comments:

Post a Comment