Sunday, November 19, 2006

Guess What...




Yup, you heard me... Guess what... Last night another minivan
blocked our driveway! Jeez, what is it with our driveway and minivans
that they like blocking it. It's a different minivan, a silver
single-cab, pick-up type Suzuki Carry-all, similar to Meowok's
old ride. But this time I heard them park and I immediately went out of
the house. I was cleaning my room, heck seems half of my room is junk
so I moved them out to make room for incoming new junk, so I was
half-naked (shirtless, of course... I don't think the world is prepared
for a Gorilla Au Naturelle) when I burst out of the house. Nothing scares the hell out of people than a shirtless Gorilla (ask Cherry).
I asked them politely to move their van as it was in the way and I
wouldn't be able to go out in case of an emergency. They were
apologetic and moved their vehicle.

Problem was that there was a real chance of an emergency last night.

My pamangkinaanak (nephew and godson) has had high fever
for the past week and had tests done. I was actually on my way to the
Saturday funeral of Lee's brother when my sister texted me that Enzo
was to be brought to the hospital. I had to turn back, the decision
wasn't hard because the traffic was bad going to Montalban anyway. When
the tests came back his white cell count was a bit high indicating
infection. A battery of tests, days of no appetite and vomiting up
medicine was cause for alarm and his pediatrician asked that he be
confined at the nearest hospital which is LPDH (Las Pinas Doctor's Hospital).

Being an uncle isn't all that bad. In fact it's great. But being an uncle (and a godfather, I'm referred to as tito-ninong)
has responsibilities attached to it. In times like these I'm the supply
line between home and hospital as well as house guard-dog. (Woof!) With
my sister stuck at home to due to her delicate next pregnancy, I'm also
an ambulance driver just in case. :D I don't think my own uncle-ninong
Oben for putting him through hell when I was born. I never get tired of
hearing how he had to wade through Espana and UST hospital flood waters
to bring supplies to dad, mom and me. (Thanks ninong. :D)

Enzo's one tough patient, they had a hard time putting in the
dextrose needle since he's such an active baby. He also bawls a lot
when he's in pain. If all goes well and when he responds to the
medicines, he's homeward-bound by Tuesday.

I had some time to spare so I passed by the Asianic computer store to get these babies: ASUS V9400-X 128Mb DDR AGP graphics card and LifeView
FlyTV Prime full PCI TV card (FM radio, TV, camcorder). Now I can make
TV vidcaps and transfer the videos we have on tape. Plus, I can now
strike out some stuff from my wishlist.
I got the graphics card upgrade idea from Olan and Meowok who I visited
last Friday on a graphics business and personal call (burp, thanks for
the chocolate cake and soda). :D After some nightmarish installation
procedures, I was able to make it work with my two monitors. Seems my
onboard 64Mb won't work when there's an AGP card installed. Next stop,
a better PCI graphics card for the second monitor (it currently runs on
an ancient S3 Virge 4Mb).




No comments:

Post a Comment