Sunday, December 16, 2007

Nopperabo Zero




This was how my manga (comics) series was supposed to end. But Questor folded late 2004 so we never had the chance to release this last installment of Nopperabo. (Weird that the last installment is the origin story...)




In Japanese Obake / Kaidan folklore (ghost stories), the nopperabo is a woman without a face. The Questor manga Nopperabo was not a ghost but an angel of vengeance. A woman suddenly becomes faceless then takes on the face of a crime victim to exact justice.

I miss making my own manga. :( I miss the talented and temperamental (or just plain mental) manga artists of Questor. At least everyone has moved on to better things.

I used to preserve the content of the old gokitomo.com and nopperabo.com Questor Manga websites. Still have them in my hard drive.

11 comments:

  1. It looks more like an american comic strip like Marvel and DC rather than Japanese Manga. Good stuff anyway. Pity that Questor needed to close down... I miss it now. When I got here in London I sometimes even look at comic stands in the supermarkets or malls and look for Philippine published comics or anime magazines particularly K-Zone and Questor...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Q was one hell of a ride for me. The guy who drew this one was Franklin Ouano, oo nga, mas western o komiks ang style nya kesa manga.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jais toh... same with kuya Jam... I miss questor...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh so that's how it all began? very interesting... and what a way to end... darn Questor had to fold... ever thought of publishing it as an independent manga or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indie? Maybe... maybe... :D
    Aliw lang ako kasi I got to study history while I was at it. Egyptian, victorian, edwardian, ww2, medieval, sengoku, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ^I will totally support it... kahit anong klaseng support... e-mail kita... basta pag maayos na utak ko bout it... yun nga yung sorta favor... nahihiya pako... lol... anyway, ako rin I got to study history din because of it... and it makes me go, "Ahhh... ganun pala yun..." Maganda kasing may natututunan while having fun at the same time...

    ReplyDelete
  7. my cousin collects K-zone and Questor. Kelan ko lang nakita/tinignan yung name mo dun.. hehe!

    ReplyDelete