Sunday, July 19, 2009

Gorilla Goes German

This is the third in a series of posts chronicling my quest to go out of the country for the first time. My first post regarding this is here: http://gorilla.multiply.com/journal/item/322. It was about my passport. My second post is here: http://gorilla.multiply.com/journal/item/329/German_Cut_Vis-a-vis. It was about the VISA. This is about packing.



Gorilla Goes German: aka Doing Deutsche

I was finishing my packing for my trip to Germany when my cellphone beeped. I knew it was a text message so I just let it be for a while.


I was reading through our flight sked and itinerary:

July 20, 2009, 00:20-04:40. Manila to Dubai on Emirates EK 0335.
Then a 4-hour wait.
July 20, 2009, 08:35-13:00. Dubai to Munich on Emirates EK 0049.

Monday, July 20
13:00 - Accommodations: King's Hotel Center, Munchen
Afternoon - Proposed visit to Royal Palace of Nymphenburg

Tuesday, July 21
10:00 - Community and School Library of Oberhaching
14:00 - Bavarian State Library
16:15 - Goethe-Institut e.V.

Wednesday, July 22
10:00 - Munich City Library
14:00 - Library of the University of Munich

Thursday, July 23
08:20-10:28 - ICE 882 train to Wurzburg Central Station
11:00 - Wurzburg City Library
Afternoon - Train to Frankfurt Central Station
Accommodations: Savoy Hotel Frankfurt

Friday, July 24
10:00 - German National Library
14:30 - Frankfurt Public City Library
Afternoon - Goethe House, birthplace of Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

July 24, 2009, 22:20-06:40. Frankfurt to Dubai on Emirates EK 0048.
Then a 3-hour wait.
July 25, 2009, 09:45-22:35. Dubai to Manila on Emirates EK 0334.

I'm hoping it would be a nice study tour.

I ran over what I had packed:
* Gadgets.
* Several shirts.
* Extra pants.
* One extra pair of underwear. Together with the one I'll be wearing and given sides A,B,C and D, I'd have enough for 8 days. That's 3 days more than the tour.
* One extra sock (not a pair). Together with the pair I'll be wearing, and (R) Regular side and (I/O) Inside-Out side permutations, I'd have enough for 6 days with no repeating sides and feet.

Given Sock A, B and C:
            Left      Right
day 1 - A(R)   +  B(R)
day 2 - B(I/O) +  C(R)
day 3 - C(I/O) +  A(R)
day 4 - A(I/O) +  B(I/O)
day 5 - B(R)   +  C(I/O)
day 6 - C(R)   +  A(I/O)

If shit hits the fan I could go 12 days utilizing the A,B,C and D technique.


My phone beeps again. It was a text from Derrick of the Embassy.

Derrick: Just wishing you bon voyage today.
Me: Thanks. But, Bon Voyage? Aren't you German?
Derrick: Dili man, dong.
Me: Teka, teka, teka. Bisaya ka ba o German? O_o;;
Derrick: "BERMAN" ini.
Me: "Berman?"
(I asked, knowing full well I would regret the reply.)
Derrick: Bisayang German. :D

Awkward SMS Silence.

Me: How did you get my number?
Derrick: It was in your papers. Also I confirmed it with Ma'am Lorie of the Language Center.
Me: ...
Derrick: Daan kayo Royal Palace of Nymphenburg?
Me: Yup. Aakyat ako sa tower, magsusuot ng kapa, ilalabas ang drumstick ko at sisigaw ng "LAVATE LAS MANOS!" ng paulit-ulit.
(I decided to just have some fun with this.)
Derrick: hahah. Nice Family Guy, HP and Swine Flu reference
Me: Thanks.

More awkward SMS Silence.

Derrick: So, balita ko may kasama ka... Si Jake.
Me: So?
Derrick: Selos me.
Me: Nyek! I really wonder why. What is it that you percieve we have?
Derrick: But... but... but... Didn't you write down "With love, Cody Havoline" on the pic that you gave me???
Me: I write that down on all my autographed photos!
(I texted angrilly.)

No beeping for a while.


Derrick: Oh, sorry. I may have misinterpreted that.
Me: It's okay. it happens to me all the time.
Derrick: Have a nice time there, okay?
Me: Okay.
Derrick: Try the strudel and the beer!
Me: Will do.
Derrick: K.
Me: k.
Derrick: ktnxbai.
Me: k.
Derrick: Babalik ka, ha?
Me: Pag may mayaman na kamukha ni Mandy Moore, Gina Carano, Reese Witherspoon, Kelly Hu o Kirsten Dunst na na-inlove saken e di na talaga ako babalik.
Derrick: K. :(

After a minute or so... I couldn't resist...

Me: teka, teka, teka... Bai ba yun as in "bai" o "bye?"
Derrick: make hula. :D

I didn't answer back.
I just wasted 17 pesos of my load. >:(

Anyway, as I was looking around my room, if shit does hit the fan... I'd bequeath stuff. Just in case I get caught in a German Underground Techno Rave stampede or mauled by a rabid German Shepherd in heat (yung tao, a. hindi aso).

My mp3s and vids HD, to Nix and Cate, they'll know what to do with it.
My boyband cd collection, to Jam.
My pc, to JM. He'll know what to do with it.
My T-back collection, to Jen. Para naman magkaroon ng diwata na naka-thong! Mwehehehe.
My T-front collection, divided equally between Marj, Wee, Gelo, Stoi, Pancho and Gus. Bwahahahaha!
My Marlboro Black packs, to Stoi, Migs, Bianca and Liezl.
My Archos, to Gelo.
My cams, to Iya.



Yun lang...
Part fact, part fiction.
I really lack sleep. *groan*
Babawi na lang ako sa plane.
My mind is mush when I lack sleep.


20 comments:

  1. German Shepherd? LOL, pupunta kayo ng Alps? HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cams!! Sasaluin ko yan ng bonggang bongga, Sir! :)
    Naku God bless po sa trip nyo to Germany! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @enamorarse:
    string sa harap.

    @tonzkee:
    Di ba St Bernard sa Alps?

    @Iya:

    ReplyDelete
  4. *facepalm* HAHA.

    Wait, German Shepherd in heat na hindi aso? So tao. Hmm... "in heat" ei.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sa Swiss alps nagtatago yung St. Bernard. May German side ang alps :D

    Enjoy your Deutsche trip! Balita ko masarap pagkain sa Emirates. Tulog ka lang pero laging gumising pag kainan na. Hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. packs lang? walang laman? :P

    pag meron.. susunugin ko.. mas astig pa rin ang second hand smoking.. *ubo* x 100.. hahahaha!

    Ingat! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. huhu kuya magpapakabait ka ha Baka mahuli ka ng pulis dun, wala kaming pampyansa sa iyo!. Wag ka hihiwalay sa kasama mo, baka mawala ka. HAHAHA. Enjoy your trip, big bro!

    ReplyDelete
  8. woot! bon voyage! Germany? may ipapahunting ako! kidding! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. sir aanuhin ko po yung t-front? haha! :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy trip Sir! Ingat po kayo. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nandito na ako. :D Saka muna yung pics at blog posts, ang mahal ng net in euros, e. (lmao)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hehehe. hintayin namin pics nyo pagbalik nyo dito sir. babalik ba kayo sir? hehehe enjoy! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alagaan ko Archos mo sir, pero mas ok na makabalik kayo dito na may pasalubong. Lalo na kung si Heidi Klum

    ReplyDelete