Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Life's Like That

I was hoping (and still am) that this won't turn into a Librarian's Despedida Blog, but heck, life's just like that... About 2 or 3 of my posts per year are devoted to a leaving friend or a visiting / returning one. This one is about Harriet.

Harriet, a librarian, has already left for Dubai to work as an archivist. We held a despedida for her last September 19 at A Veneto in Quezon City. Harriet joins my other librarian hardbound friends Abbie and Jean who are already working there. My other librarian kumpares and kumares are scattered across the globe, the most being the kuyukots in the US, Canada and New Zealand.

It's weird. I nonchalantly dealt with diaspora daily in my old work at the OFW Guardian. But when it's a friend who's leaving, it takes on a whole new meaning. Good luck, Harriet, and God bless.

Harriet's Despedida
A Veneto, Visayas Ave., QC.
Sept. 19, 2007



Generated by Flickr Album Maker

Flickr pics here.
Multiply pics here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment