Monday, August 10, 2009

Shirts and Buttons

Von's post over at Filipino Librarian re: "Librarian Buttons and Shirts" prompted me to rummage through my closet to take stock of the shirts I have.

I'm fiercely loyal to organizations and institutions which treat me well. I graduated from San Beda College (SBC) Mendiola, grade school and high school. They say once a Bedan, always a Bedan... Hence the shirts...  And... Yeah... That's where I became a member of the Library Club...


I particularly like the one that says "It takes a Lion to Survive the Jungle out there..." Oh, and I have the "Animo Scarf" too (draped up top).

And of course, I graduated from the University of the Philippines (UP) Diliman, undergraduate and masters, both from the School of Library and information Studies (SLIS).


I know I have more UP shirts somewhere, they're probably in the wash. Below's an old shirt when the SLIS was still the ILIS or Institute of Library and Information Science.


I suppose by now you've noticed that a lot of my shirts are black. Yeah... I love black shirts. Sadly, the shirt of the Philippine eLib project, which I'm part of, is colored avocado green. I really don't see myself wearing this in the near future on my own volition.


I love the design on the next one. It's the 2008-09 shirt of the UP Library and Information Science Students Association (UPLISSA). I hope there'd be a black version of this.


This one too, UPLISSA's LIS Congress 2009 shirt.


This "i need. i value. I LOVE MY LIBRARY" shirt I got from the UP College of Engineering Library II Library Shop.


And lastly, the 100% Pinoy Librarian shirt and buttons from the UP Library Science Alumni Association (UPLSAA).


Also, two of the buttons above from UP Future Library and Information Professionals of the Philippines (UPFLIPP) events. The middle button is from Bianca. "Mabuti na ang sumuka, wag lang sumuko!" reflects a personal philosphy of mine. :D 

Well, so much for shirts and buttons.

10 comments:

  1. sabi nila take one lang daw.
    sabi ko lab ko naman sila.
    at lab naman nila ako.
    ayun, sabay kuha ng one of each.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinala ko yung LIS Congress shirt dito! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, ako rin may collection ng mga shirts.
    Sabi nila, kung ilan daw binili mo na UP items eh un ang number ng sem na delayed ka, hindi naman totoo. Haha. Buti nalang :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^ eh, isang UP shirt lang naman binili ko ah... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sir, ito yung token na binigay namin (ILIS Student Council) sayo nun naging one of the speakers/panelists ka ng aming career talk back in 2004. I bet di mo na matandaan yun. hehe. Kasama mo si Kuya Joel dito. Hindi na rin niya matandaan where, when and why he got this same shirt (pero ash gray yung kanya, same design). =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ayun.... Dun pala yun.... Ahehehehehehehe.

    ReplyDelete