Monday, October 5, 2009

A week later...


Wala lang.I had driver duty today. While waiting, I went to SM City Sta. Mesa. The place still stunk from the flooding it suffered from Ondoy. I think that's Pasig River behind SM City Sta. Mesa, it probably overflowed. The whole basement, which housed the supermarket, is now closed. Amoy estero, and you can smell the wafting odor till the 4th floor. From the escalators you could sneak a peek down the basement and see the mud.

Anyway, I had time to spare before picking up my mom and took this picture from the 4th floor parking space. It's the community beside SM, I assume they were flooded too. I love it because you can see what people are doing a week after Ondoy. 

From the top:
  1. Trying to start a flooded car.
  2. Cleaning the car interiors, seats, carpets, etc.
  3. Garbage pick up time...
  4. (Second floor terrace) Drying books and important papers.
  5. (First floor of that house) Repairing furniture.
  6. (In front of house) Drying appliances.
  7. Drying clothes, shoes, etc.    

1 comment:

  1. Hawk's eye.

    At Robinsons Metro East they were still siphoning out the water from the basement four days after the flood.

    ReplyDelete