Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Four Hours to the SLIS Lecture Series and the UPLSAA T-Shirt

Okay, so the day started really bad for me. I was supposed to be the emcee and forum moderator for the third lecture of the SLIS 2007 Lecture Series entitled "Promoting Research and Scholarship Through Open Access and E-Publishing" by Ma'am Fides Datu-Lawton. I gave myself a 3-hour head start so I could reach UPSLIS before 10:00 am. But... surprise-surprise, it rained and floods and traffic followed. So the usual 1 1/2 to 2-hour trip stretched for an agonizing 4 hours and 15 minutes causing me to miss the opening remarks and introduction of the guest speaker. Thank you, thank you very much to Ms. Christine Timoteo for filling in for me. I'm so, so sorry Pres. Eimee, I didn't make it in time to set up the camera. :(

Anyway, one high point of my day was listening to Ma'am Fides mention solutions we are going to take up in my classes (I've been itching to try out having the LIS 161 guys set up DSpace in the computer lab). Ma'am Fides' talk slides can be accessed at http://www.slideshare.net/plaistrlc/f-lawton, shoutout goes to Von for locating them! :D

Another high point which made me forget all about the looooooooong and frustraaaaaaaating ride was getting the new UPLSAA SHIRT! Carina reserved one for me.

So now I've got mine, where's yours? :D

001 002

5 comments:

  1. sir, gusto ko nang shirt! ang ganda!! anong size kaya yung sakin? hmm... di bale, kukunin ko na lang sa 26. session ko yun sa review eh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) ok lang un sir..kinansel ko lang naman isang appointment ko..hehehe... di..honestly, no prob at all. tulong ko nalang un sa LSAA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di ko matiis, talagang sinuot ko at kinunan pag-uwi ko. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. adik.hehehe... but i really learnt a lot kahit na pumunta ako dun for bonus points. :p

    ReplyDelete