Thursday, November 22, 2007

UPSLIS.net, Moodling my LIS IT subjects

UPSLIS.net running on Moodle, an LCMS (learning content management system) / CMS (course management system). It's a free, Open Source software package for online learning communities.

I set up UPSLIS.net for my LIS IT subjects (LIS160 and LIS262). No paper trail (save the trees!). Submissions, schedule, some quizzes, reports, lecture notes and grading are all available and done online. Why at my webhost and not UVLE? I had some space to spare and wanted to see how the inner workings work.

upslis

5 comments:

  1. sure. :P open ko for guest accts. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. never got the hang of UVLE back then. of course, i only had one subject using it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone in class made that very same comment. I'm using it more as repository and tracking agent rather than primary content delivery. Classroom pa rin ako, for the social interaction. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i actually tried out the system they use for UPOU and its quite nifty and user friendly. Very interactive naman.

    ReplyDelete