Thursday, May 1, 2008

It ain't fun...


Okay... Now for some pain... I sprained my right foot during the PAARL seminar in Palawan. Nothing major nor anything to call home about. I used OFF lotion like efficascent oil and set the misplaced "ugat" back in its place. I then wrapped my foot in my bandana.

So a week later I thought everything was okay, and my right foot was healing fine. This week I joined the SLIS faculty and staff for the annual SLIS Faculty Seminar Workshop. Day one, okay. Day two, semi-disaster. After a dip in the pool we made our way back to the rooms. I decided to take pics of the koi in the koi pond... Stupid me slipped sideways on the grassy elevation which ringed the pond. I sprained my left foot.

Good thing I brought along an elastic bandage, my Palawan experience greatly affected how I now pack my stuff for travel. So it's okay, I favored my left foot for the day. But no koi pics anymore. I didn't want to risk it.

Day three, disaster. The morning before we were supposed to head for home, the others of the entourage took a dip in the Lagos del Sol pool. I decided to skip that and just follow after an hour for pics. On my way down the
stone brick pathway steps to the lakeside, I saw Ate Elvie, Michael, Nats, Dean Faderon and the others already making their way back up the hillside steps. Stupid me slipped on a loose stone brick on one of the steps. I re-sprained my right  foot.

My right foot twisted in a bad way when it got caught between the loose brick and another thick brick of the stone pathway. When the pain shot through my foot, knee-jerk instinct told me to jump up and sideways off the pathway onto the grass to wiggle my foot free. Michael and Ate Elvie saw it unfold from afar. Later Michael told me he said something like, "Ay, ba't si Sir tumatalon?" Ate Elvie, who was also in Palawan, said something like, "Hindi tumatalon yun, mukhang napilayan na naman.

They caught up with me. So there they were, laughing their asses off and looking over me while I was writhing in pain from two sprained ankles. Ate Elvie and Michael even took pics. O_o;;

So I had to snip my elastic bandage in half to be able to wrap both of my ankles in the ole OFF-lotion-as-efficascent-oil and reset-ugats-back-to-their-proper-places routine. It ain't fun. :(

Anyway, here are a couple of pics of a toy dog that caught my eye earlier in the week before I left for Lagos del Sol in Caliraya. He was roaming the tiangge area for hours, catching everyone's eye, at the Cash and Carry ground floor. The tinderas thought it a good marketing ploy for the toy. Seems to have worked.

24 comments:

  1. Nagulat naman ako sa text mo kaninang umaga Sir. Haha! Pagaling po kayo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ganda ng paa ah.. =P
    ilakad mo pa, para masaya.. hehe! =P

    pagaling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. get well soon.. :) ang cute nung toy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was walking, then sitting, then barking for hours.

    I should have kicked the toy dog ala american football halfway across cash and carry when I had full use of my feet. >X D

    Just to see how people would react.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ayus sa first aid, off lotion! hehehe! get well soon po...at ingat-ingat next time. XP

    ReplyDelete
  6. aray ko,..injure anything else but not the foot, a quick recovery for you sir!

    ReplyDelete
  7. tnx tnx. ngayun lang nangyari na parehong paa. :( at least pantay akong umika-ika ngayon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hala! Pantay umika-ika? Pano un? Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. bukas makikita nyo sa homecoming... O_o;;

    ReplyDelete
  10. san venue ng homecoming? (clueless. haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hindi na kami kasama sa homecoming e.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. so sir, punta ka dun ng nakawheel chair? heheh

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww. wawa naman.. :( papiktyur kami sau ha! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  14. get well soon sir!

    ahahaha. ang cute ng toy dog. pero mas cute pa din yung piglet na ganyan. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hehehe...
    ang weird nyan andaming taong umuupos sa harap nung aso at tinatawag...
    O_o;;

    yung piglet di ko pa nakikita., :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. weird nga... yung mga tao! hahaha. tsktsk

    yung piglet po, naglalakad-lakad habang gumagalaw sideways yung ilong nya... di lang po ako sure kung nag-o-oink sha. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ito lalakad, uupo at "Yip! Yip! Yip!" ng "Yip! Yip! Yip!"

    ReplyDelete
  18. get well soon kuya igs!! di mo kailangan paa para magyoyo, magvideo at kumuha ng pics sa club meets. haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. hahaha i just remembered someone gave me one of those dogs before. i got pissed off and i threw it to the ground and it broke but the effing thing just went on saying yip! yip! yip!

    ReplyDelete