Saturday, August 2, 2008

House Warming

Went to my friends' house in Pasig for a house warming which was a year late. Yup, they settled there last year, but all our skeds only gelled this year for a get-together. Same old culprits, my group of friends in publishing who hold sway on what we read in some popular printed monthlies (*cough* scantilly clad women and showbiz mags *cough* US-based manga *cough*). I won't post our pics here since we all want to relish our anonymity, editorial guys are like that (kuno). Hehehe. Nice to be able to see Cherry, Bambi and Olan, Art, Bebert and Donna, and Aris again after a long while. Still miss Cecil and Nick though...


Now supposedly there's a printed pic floating out there with me in a Harlock costume which they say I haven't discovered yet after all these years. Jeez, gotta find that. See, we play tricks on each other. Somehow wherever / whatever publication we find ourselves in, we tend to get content from each other. So we usually write for each other's publications and share contacts.
 

Of course with this "bond" comes the inevitable... we play practical jokes on each other. Practical jokes in web content, photos and articles range from photoshopping a third hand for a co-worker holding a magazine coming out of nowhere (only a few people saw that), pasting a co-worker's ID pic repeatedly in a gallery of contest entries ala Where's Wally (jeez, we have way too much free graphics layout time), using a lesser known nickname for a comic book sound effect, repeatedly linking a word in a website to a stupid pic of a co-worker or Friendster profile and inserting each others names in articles and fiction for no apparent reason.


Heck, I still do that. I still use my friends' names for major characters in things I write (see guys, I'm not the only one). For me it's a tribute, being able to immortalize your friends in web and print and graphics. (Yes, Marj, Jen, Dan, Chad and Iyra... Am still tempted by the possibilities of having scantily-clad women surrounding me while I work... but nah... Nothing beats scholarly pursuits... right? Right? O_o;; Agree with me, please, before I break down and cry.)
 

Anyway, my friend Cherry has a very sick sense of humor. She finally gave us our 2007 Christmas gifts (yup, 8 months late... Talk about very bad skeds for all of us. Mine was a knapsack I can use.. Thanks Cher!). And guess what... Imagine alpha-males having to lug around... in August... big Christmas gifts wrapped in pink Sarah ang Munting Princesah Christmas wrapper! Anyway, she also gave me a Maxim baller ID, which is weird since I quit playing basketball decades ago. O_o;; Another freebie! Heck, how come we don't get movie premiere invites anymore? Huh? Huh?


Birds of a same feather flock together...
It's such a sick, sick world.

9 comments:

  1. waw! paarbor naman nung baller!
    hehehe joke.
    amishu sir igs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mwehehehe! :D
    weird nga yan, sa taba naming mga nagsuot parang tourniquet sya. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha :)
    wala bang duplicate yan? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tira-tira na nga lang yata, e :D
    Ipagtatanung ko. Hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :))
    ang ganda naman tiratira nyan. hehehe
    di ko na nakuha yung sleepy pig :((

    ReplyDelete
  6. wala na. inangkin na ni ate shelly. hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. honga!
    pinuntahan ko pa naman un dun wala na...

    ReplyDelete
  8. hoy! mahirap kaya magbalot ng gift using the sarah ang munting prinsesa wrapper with matching gift card! at least ikaw sa kotse lang eh si art nagcommute with his sarah wrapper gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mwehehehehe! Pinagtitinginan nga daw siya. :D

    ReplyDelete